A warning message on the LCD display on the Dell 2330dn indicates “PC Life Warning” – what does this mean? PC Life Warning means that your imaging drum needs to be replaced. If the message does not go away after replacing the imaging drum, you will need to manually reset the counter.
- Turn the printer off.
- Open the front cover by pressing the release button on the right side of the printer.
- Remove the printer cartridge from the drum and place it on a flat, clean surface.
- Gently remove the imaging drum by pulling it up and sliding it out of the printer.
- Unpack and install your new imaging drum, taking care not to leave the drum exposed
to direct light for an extended period of time. The drum is photosensitive and extended
light exposure can cause print quality problems.
- Insert the toner cartridge.
- Close the door and turn on the printer.
- If you are still receiving the “PC Life Warning” message, open the front door; press and hold the Cancel button until you receive a message to reset the PC.
- Close the door and the message should be gone.
It should be noted that clearing the warning without first replacing the imaging drum can result in damage to your Dell 2330dn printer. You also stand a good chance of voiding your warranty. The current replacement part number for the Dell 2330dn imaging drum is 330-2646 and can be purchased through Amazon.
Dell 2330dn Replacement Parts and Accessories
Dell 2330dn Manuals and Drivers
Dell 2330dn Drivers - These drivers are compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2003 x64
- Windows Server 2008 x64
- Windows Server 2008 x86
- Windows Vista 32-bit
- Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows XP
- Windows XP x64